EXPERIENCED FARM EQUIPMENT OPERATOR & LABORER
Location: Stuyvesant, NY
Compensation: $20-25 per hour based on experience
Timing: start as soon as possible, seasonal from June 1 – September 1
About Belltown Farms
Belltown Farms owns and operates large scale farms in the US, transitioning land to USDA certified organic, and operating them in line with regenerative principles.
Belltown believes that regenerative farming provides an opportunity to produce healthy food, while having a positive impact on soil health, biodiversity, carbon emissions and local communities, as well as delivering compelling financial returns for investors.
Belltown acquired its first farm in 2019 and aims to grow to 100,000 acres by 2029, spread across the US.
About The Stuyvesant Farm
Belltown Farms operates ~1,000 acres in Columbia County where it plans to grow organic wheat, buckwheat, corn, soybeans and black beans using regenerative practices. The first organic crop will be harvested in 2022.
The Role Will Include:
- Hay making: The primary duties revolve around the summer haymaking, including mowing, raking, tedding, baling, loading and transporting bales
- May also include other work around the farm
- 40 hours per week, with possibility of overtime
- Seasonal work from June 1 – September 1 with potential for future full-time opportunities
The Ideal Candidate Will Have Much of the Following Experience:
- 2-4 years farming or land maintenance work
- Operating heavy farm equipment
- Hay making experience
- Interest in organic farming and openness to learning